Every skincare routine must include a moisturising step after cleansing. Daily moisturising is vital for healthy skin. You need to use the most suitable cream or lotion depending on your skin type. This will benefit you over the long haul as moisturised skin cells can rapidly repair themselves and turnover fresh cells. The massaging effect that is used when applying the moisturiser is also beneficial because it helps stimulate blood circulation and generation of new cells.
Never skip this repairing step
Some of the reasons why you should never skip the moisturiser
- The skin of your face sheds cells more rapidly than other parts of the body so it needs moisture to repair itself by allowing younger skin cells to rise to the surface.
- A hydrated skin does not age as rapidly because it does not suffer from the low-grade chronic inflammation that occurs in dry skin. Low levels of ongoing inflammation can break down collagen and accelerate ageing.
- Moisturisers with hyaluronic acid will plump up your skin, making your current wrinkles or lines less prominent. Décaar’s Elixir Serum is one of the products that contains hyaluronic acid in our Age Reverse line.
- Dehydrated skin stripped of its natural protective lipids can become red and flaky because irritants can enter more easily.
- Dryness can aggravate your acne even if it sounds counterintuitive. Moisturiser really is your friend if you have blemishes. Use an oil-free moisturizer along with your acne regimen. Check our Décaar’s Oily and Combination Skin series for options.
- Moisturising makes your makeup look flawless. Allow your moisturiser to properly absorb before applying foundation or concealer.
Men need moisturising too
It often takes very little to make a big improvement on men’s skin. You can keep your regimen as simple as possible and moisturising after cleansing should be part of it. Knowing what kind of skin you have is the first step in determining what products to use and Décaar offers a range for men too.